COVID-19 ILA Resources
Ignite Learning Academy wants to do our part to help others during the COVID-19 so we have put together some of our favorite resources and most well-liked activities and virtual field trips to help ignite learning and passion in all children. As an online school, we are familiar with schooling from home (although it’s important to note that what everyone is experiencing is NOT typical online schooling!) and so we are excited to share some of our favorite ideas.
The resources contained below span all grades, K-12, but we were sure to include many options for the upper grades as we’ve noticed resources for those grades tend to not be shared as frequently.
We hope these are of use to you and your family! Teachers, if you are looking for resources to use with your students for at-home learning, these activities might be of great use to you as well! Save some time in planning and use what the experts have put together!
READING RESOURCES: GRADES K-5
MOVABLE OBJECTS: GRADES K-5
We utilize movable objects during our live online classes to bring learning to life. Parents can use these same tools at home when helping their children understand concepts in a visual form, and teachers can benefit from the use of these activities in their live online lessons.
EDYNAMIC LEARNING ACTIVITIES: GRADES 6-12
At Ignite Learning Academy, we offer more than 100 eDynamic Learning elective courses to students in grades 6-12. Here are some activities your older children can engage in while at home.
- Activity: Photo Project (an excerpt from our high school Digital Photography 1a course)
- Activity: Create an Animated Flip Book (an excerpt from our high school Animation course)
- Activity: Game Design (an excerpt from our high school Foundations of Game Design 1a course)
- Activity: Career Diagnostic Test (an excerpt from the middle school Career Explorations 1 course)
- Activity: Archaeology – Explore the Past (an excerpt from the high school course, Archaeology: Detectives of the Past)
- Activity: Climate Change Persuasive Essay (an excerpt from the high school course, Great Minds in Science: Ideas for a New Generation)
- Activity: Photography Projects (an excerpt from the middle school Photography: Drawing with Light course)
- Activity: Observing the Night Sky (an excerpt from our high school Astronomy 1a course)
- Activity: Stress Management and Wellness Plan (an excerpt from our high school Health Science Foundations 1a course)
- Activity: Renewable Energy Technologies (an excerpt from our high school Renewable Technologies course)
- Activity: Create a Blog (an excerpt from our high school Creative Writing course)
- Activity: Get Cooking! (an excerpt from our high school Culinary Arts 1a course)
- Career Compass Corner: Podcast lesson and student exercise to allow students to learn more about different careers and explore areas of interest.
VIRTUAL FIELD TRIPS/TOURS – GRADES K-12
We ignite students’ passions by exposing students to a variety of experiences. One way to do this it by use of virtual field trips and tours. Here are some of our favorites!
- Explore National Parks
- Tour the Grand Canyon
- 12 Museums from Around the World
- Imagine This! Disney Magic Kingdom
- Tour the White House
- Great Wall of China
- The Guggenheim
- National Museum of African American History & Culture
- The British Museum
- The Louvre
- The Chicago Field Museum
- Discovery Education (multiple virtual field trips)
- Panoramas of the World
LIVE CLASSES – GRADES K-12
We host many live classes and clubs each week at ILA so we understand the importance of seeing familiar faces and the feeling that accompanies attending a live virtual event. While our classes and clubs are only for enrolled students (to protect student privacy), here are some of our favorites available to all!
- Cincinnati Zoo (they introduce you to one new animal each day, via Facebook Live)
- Cook-Along Classes with Raddish Kids (via Facebook Live)
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems
- Crafting with McHarper Manor (via Facebook Live and then posted to YouTube)
- Drawing Classes (via Facebook Live)
- Deb’s Virtual Art School (via Facebook Live)
- PE with Joe
- Great Lakes Science Center (YouTube Live – daily experiments)